Monday, September 7, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

Vampire, vamp, gothic, goth, dark - free image from needpix.com

Gothic Vampire


The Soldier and the Vampire

This story is a part of a collection of Russian ghost stories. It involves a soldier going to his home village to find a vampire terrorizing the town. He was able to destroy the vampire and bring a couple of newlyweds back to life. I have always had a very strong liking to vampire lore. "The Twilight Saga" and "The Vampire Diaries" are two of my favorite film/TV adaptations from books. I can see myself taking this story and putting a modern spin on it. In the original story, the vampire is described as a warlock. The actual word vampire isn't used at all throughout the story. I'd like to take this plot and add my own ideas into it!


The Tri-Delta Ghost

This story I was already familiar with. I personally own Jeff Provine's "Campus Ghosts of Norman, Oklahoma". I think being able to create a storybook out of the ghost stories that surround campus could be such a fun experience. Ghosts and the paranormal may just be my favorite type of lore. I watch Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel every Friday night. I could easily make these stories narrative driven from the point of view of a student or even from the perspective of a psychic medium. For this topic the possibilities seem endless. I also can't help but be excited at the thought of writing scary stories. 


From Asgard to Utgard 

The Norse gods have interested me since I started getting into the Marvel movies. Thor, being one of the Avengers, always intrigued me. After reading this story of his adventure to Utgard I think I could find a new way to retell it. Because he is very well known for appearing in the marvel comics and films, I started to brainstorm how I could tell this tale in the setting of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It would make it entertaining to read as well as establish a connection to help the audience understand more of his background while seeing him in a setting they're used to. 


Hera, Leto and Zeus

After some research on the greek gods and their trysts, I found this story of Leto and Zeus to be quite interesting. Hera is quite the vindictive goddess. While reading I couldn't help but compare it to high school drama. This gave me the thought of turning this story into a high school set drama series. I could keep the characters the same with their powers and all. Just change their eage and place them in a high school for the gods. I could include small nods to other Greek mythology in the narration. Overall, I believe this could be a really fun assignment to take on.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 Story: Dante's Inferno The Video Game

  Video game Nathan had finally convinced his mom to buy him the best birthday present ever. The all new, Dante's Inferno: The Video Gam...