Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hilton Head Island...My New Favorite Place

     Last week my family and I went on vacation to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. I had only been there once before when I was 1 so I didn't have many memories of it. My grandparents go there often and talk about it all the time so I was excited to see what the hype was all about. We stayed at the Sea Pines community, which is where this picture was taken. Inside of Sea Pines there are shopping centers and different marinas throughout the property. I enjoyed visiting Harbour Town to relax, eat, and watch the boats leave the marina. The lighthouse in the picture is one of the most recognizable when anybody mentions Hilton Head Island. Fun fact, Michael Jordan used to have a home in one of the neighboring communities on Hilton Head Island!

File:Harbour Town July 2007.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

 Harbour Town July 2007. Harbour Town Lighthouse: Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful, Hunter: I actually live in North Carolina, and the coastal islands are so wonderful. And listen, I don't know if you would be interested in this, but there is a whole folklore tradition associated with the South Carolina islands: Folklore of the Sea Islands, South Carolina... these are the original Brer Rabbit stories, folktales that came mostly from Africa and survived there on the islands. Anyway, this is something I've worked on a lot, and if it is of any interest to you, let me know. I am a huge fan of the whole Brer Rabbit tradition, and those islands have been the home to some great Brer Rabbit storytellers!

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Story: Dante's Inferno The Video Game

  Video game Nathan had finally convinced his mom to buy him the best birthday present ever. The all new, Dante's Inferno: The Video Gam...