Thursday, August 27, 2020

Growth Mindset

 Brain Growth Learning - Free vector graphic on Pixabay

Illustration of the Growth Mindset

Before this assignment I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset. After watching her TedTalk, I was very interested in this Growth Mindset. After understanding the difference between the fixed and growth mindset I was able to apply this into my own life. I realized that when it came to schoolwork I would have a fixed mindset. I would shy away or complain about the harder classes or assignments. I actually freaked out a little and realized how much this applies to me when Carol Dweck explained how those with a fixed mindset have described classes as boring. I have said this many times before that I don't usually do well in a class unless it is a class that I genuinely enjoy and look forward to being in.

However, when it comes to cheerleading I believe I have a growth mindset. Any time our coach tells us to try a new or harder stunt I automatically get really excited. Even if I know that it might take a few times to work the stunt out before we hit it. Another thing that stuck out to me was the idea of praising the process. Which is something that we do a lot in practices. A lot of the times when you work a stunt over and over you start to find new ways to throw it that might make it hit. So when we're all together and watching the small adjustments being made for the betterment of the stunt we will usually praise our teammates. I thought that was interesting pretty cool to se Carol Dweck's ideas actually performing in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 Story: Dante's Inferno The Video Game

  Video game Nathan had finally convinced his mom to buy him the best birthday present ever. The all new, Dante's Inferno: The Video Gam...